******Read this description please!!! ****** And turn on Annotations, because I dont have a mic to narrate.
**After hitting 90 and getting 310% flying, I still found this a great spot for gathering Ghost Iron and Snow Lily! You have the ability to fly higher up the mountains. As long as you stick to this general area and just follow nodes when you see them. But this video is still dedicated to farming without flying :)
For my video on farming snow lily at level 90 click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzj0tVp9JL4
What you will find in this spot:
Herbs: Snow Lily and Golden Lotus.
Ore: Ghost Iron, Rich Ghost Iron, Trillium.
*Remember that Trillium and Golden Lotus spawn in the location of Ghost Iron and Snow lily. So, even if you are only out for the rare nodes, it is always recommended to gather everything you can, in order to get a rare node to spawn.*
I'm sure there are many great places to farm all sorts of different herbs and ore at level 90 when you can fly. But for those of us who aren't level 90 on our gathering characters yet, we may feel pressured to level those characters to 90 when we don't really have the time or feel like doing it.
My Tauren Druid is my gatherer toon, and I never really had an interest to level her up to 90 right away. So, I went on a journey to try and find a good spot to farm, while I couldn't fly. I also am not very good at my DPS specs on my druid, so I needed a place where I didn't run into very many hostile mobs. And I found the perfect place!
NOTE: This route is intended for miners/herbalists that are not able to fly. I'm sure there are way better routes for people who can fly.
Pros about this spot:
- There are plenty of nodes to go around (for both mining and herbing.)
- There is only 1 Hostile mob in the area, and he is easily avoidable. This is a big plus for Those of you who want to avoid mobs at all cost. (Either because you are a healer, or because you feel it slows you down too much)
- By the time you make the trip up the mountain and start your way back down - a lot of nodes have already respawned. So, you have almost no downtime.
**Where you start: One Keg in Kun'lai. ***
- If you have a friend with a 2 seater flyer (Such as the RaF mount, or Vial of the Sands), you can have them fly you out there.
- If you do NOT have such a friend, it is still possible to get to this area at 85. All you need to do is do the intro quest to get into Pandaria, and then run to One Keg.
--- It will take you a while to run there, but it is well worth it.
--- The hardest part I found was trying to get by all of these hozen in Jade forest. But, after you get by them, it's easy. Just go through the veiled stair, through the passage to Kun'lai (The mobs are very easy to avoid in the tunnel). and then run up to one keg.
-Make sure you set your hearth to Two Moons the first chance you get. Also, grab every flight path you can if you have to walk on foot to One Keg. This will make your return much easier.
*Very important note to Herbalists* - Snow lily requires 575 skill level to gather, so you WILL have to do some gathering in Jade forest before coming out here.
- There should be enough normal Ghost Iron nodes for a miner to start out right away. You will run into Rich Ghost Iron and Trillium, too, but you shouldn't have issues finding normal nodes.
-It also may be important to point out that you may occasionally see a group of hozen running up the mountain, randomly dying. These mobs will NOT aggro to you if you run near them. (I dont know about attacking them, never cared to try). They are just part of a quest, and someone is doing it at that moment. They wont bother you and you can just continue your farming as normal.
Random Misc info about the uses of these herbs and ore:
-10 Ghost Iron bars can be x muted into a trillium bar. This is great if you are looking to make trillium bars but cant get the nodes to spawn.
- Trillium Bars are used for making: Blingtron 4000, Multiple Blacksmith items, various Engineering items, and Living steel. Living steel is also used for making a lot of different things. All of this makes Trillium Bars pretty valuable.
- I use my Ghost iron to make the Jewelcrafting panthers, which earn a lot of money on good servers. (I'm having a little bit of trouble selling them for 30k+ on my server. But my server isn't very active.)
- Snow lily can be used for Alchemist potions and used by scribes for glyphs and other things. I personally use all of my Snow Lily for my scribe. Every day I create my Scroll of Wisdom, which teaches me a new glyph. I then use the Scroll to make a Darkmoon card in an attempt to make decks to sell on the AH. Which on my server... decks are going for no less than 50k each right now.
- Golden Lotus - These can be used by Alchemists to xmuted gems into blue quality gems(This is my main use of Golden Lotus).
--They also sell for quite a bit on the AH. 300-500 gold per lotus normally, on my server.