Join us as we visit Kyiv (Київ) for the first time covering numerous attractions and things to do in the city of Kiev, Ukraine in this travel guide. Kiev city is a destination we didn't know much about prior to traveling to Ukraine. Arriving with fresh eyes it didn't take us long to fall in love with Kyiv. With incredible cathedrals, churches and monasteries to explore our days were busy and in terms of food we really enjoyed eating at traditional Ukrainian restaurants and sampling International food such as Georgian cuisine. Overall, we feel Kiev is one of the most underrated cities we've ever visited.
Kyiv (Київ) - 20 Things to do in Kiev City Tour | Ukraine Travel Guide:
Intro - 00:01
1) Golden Gates of Kiev (Золоті ворота) - 01:06
2) Saint Sophia Cathedral (Собор святої Софії) - oldest church in Kiev - 02:22
3) St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery (Михайлівський золотоверхий монастир) - 02:59
4) Saint Andrew's Church (Андріївська церква) 5-domed Baroque church - 03:39
5) Andrew’s Descent (Андріївський узвіз) Shopping Street in Kiev, Ukraine - 05:14
6) Kiev Funicular (Київський фунікулер) neighbourhood of Podil via Volodymyrska Hill - 06:10
7) Kiev River Port (Київський річковий порт) for dining, recreation, river cruises & more - 06:55
8) Maidan Nezalezhnosti (Майдан Незалежності) Independence Central Square in Kiev - 07:17
9) Taras Shevchenko Park (Парк ім. Тараса Шевченка) for recreation and exercise - 07:36
10) Traditional Ukrainian Food at O’Panas - 08:26
11) Kiev Pechersk Lavra (Києво-Печерська лавра) - Dormition Church - 09:22
12) Kiev Pechersk - Lavra Refectory Church - 11:32
13) Kiev Pechersk Lavra - Monastery of the Caves Complex - 11:39
14) Ukrainian National Chornobyl Museum (Український національний музей "Чорнобиль") dedicated to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster - 12:04
15) One Street Museum (Музей Одной Улицы) for antique and costumes - 12:28
16) The Motherland Monument (Батьківщина-Мати - Родина-мать) steel statue - 12:43
17) St Volodymyr's Cathedral (Патріарший кафедральний собор св) designed in he Old Byzantine style - 13:19
18) Eating Ukrainian Food at Katyusha restaurant in Kiev - 13:36
19) Chicken Kiev and other Ukrainian Cuisine at Pervak restaurant in Kyiv - 13:51
20) International Cuisine in Kiev (Georgian Food at Mama Manana) - 14:10
Transportation: Kiev Metro - Kyiv Metro (Ки́ївський метрополіте́н) - 14:23
Outro - 15:09
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Kiev travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (both local and international), top sightseeing tourist attractions and the city by day including visiting neighborhoods, churches, cathedrals, monasteries and museums and Kiev by night. We also cover off-the-beaten-path outdoor activities you won't find in a typical Kiev tourism brochure, Kiev itinerary or Kyiv, Ukraine city tour.
20 Things to do in Kiev, Ukraine Travel Guide Video Script:
This week we’re showing you around Kiev, Ukraine. This was our first time travelling to the country, so we hardly knew what to expect, though we did have an inkling we’d find churches with onion domes, borsht on every menu, and very cheap prices, but that was it!
Well, we found some of that, but we also discovered a fascinating city with ornate architecture, massive Soviet monuments, a completely new cuisine, more churches and monasteries than we ever thought possible, and friendly people despite the language barrier.
The following is our travel guide to the city. Now let us share with you 20 things to do in Kiev on your next visit!
And that’s a wrap for our visit to Kiev! This was our first time travelling in Ukraine, but we were hooked right from the start.
This destination felt very underrated with few tourists around, yet we were surrounded by beautiful architecture, there were churches galore to visit, the cuisine was hearty and filling, and everything was super affordable.
If you are thinking of travelling to Kiev, we hope this video was able to give you a taste of what it’s like.
If you have any other suggestions of things to do in Kiev, that we may have missed, feel free to share your tips and suggestions with travellers in the comments.
This is part of our Travel in Ukraine video series showcasing Ukrainian food, Ukrainian culture & cuisine.
Music by Dyalla Swain: https://soundcloud.com/dyallas